Parents feel that it is difficult to live with teenagers. Then again, teenagers have 1______ feeling about their parents, saying that it is not easy living with them. According to a recent research, the most common 2______ between parents and teenagers is that regarding untidiness and daily routine tasks. On the one hand, parents go mad over 3_______ rooms, clothers thrown on the floor and their children’s refusal to help with the 4_____. On the other hand, teenagers lose their patience continually when parents blame them for 5______ the towel in the bathroom, not cleaning their room or refusing to do the shopping at the suppermarket.
The research, conducted by St. George University, shows that different parents have different 6_______ to these problems. However some approaches are more 7_______ than others. For example, thoses parents who yell at their children for their untidiness, but 8_______ clean the room for them, have fewer chances of changing their children’s 9______. On the contrary, those who let teeenagers experience the 10______ of their actions can do better. For example, when teenagers who don’t help their parents with the shopping don’t find their favorite drink in the refrigerator, they are forced to 11_______ their actions.
Psychologists say that 12______ is the most important thing in parent-child relationships. Parents should 13_______ to their children but at the same time they should lend an ear to what they have to say. Parents may 14_______ their children when they are untidy but they should also understand that their room is their own private space. Communication is a two-way process. It only by listening to and 15________ each other that probems between parents and children can be settled.
- A. natural B. strong C. guilty D. similar
- A. interest B. argument C. link D. knowledge
- A. noisy B. crowded C. messy D. locked
- A. homework B. housework C. problem D. research
- A. washing B. using C. dropping D. replacing
- A. approaches B. contributions C. introductions D. attitudes
- A. complex B. popular C. scientific D. successful
- A. later B. deliberately C. seldom D. thoroughly
- A. behavior B. taste C. future D. nature
- A. failures B. changes C. consequences D. thrills
- A. defend B. delay C. repeat D. reconsider
- A. communication B. bond C. friendship D. trust
- A. reply B. attend C. attach D. talk
- A. hate B. scold C. frighten D. stop
- A. loving B. observing C. understanding D. praising